Community Links

19 February 2015

carer 2

Could you be a permanent care parent?

Some children supported by the Department of Health and Human Services require a family for life as they cannot live with their birth families. The department is seeking committed and motivated people who would be interested in learning more about providing a permanent family for a child.  Assistance payments are made to the permanent care family to assist with the day-to-day expenses of caring for a child. Assistance payments are considered to be a reimbursement for expenses and not an earned income.

The department is keen to speak with families who are particularly interested in caring for children up to the age of 10 years. Information sessions are being held on:

      Tuesday, March 3 at 6pm

      Department of Human Services, 43-47 Rowan Street, Wangaratta

      Thursday, March 5 at 6pm

      Department of Human Services, 163-167, Welsford Street, Shepparton

For further information please contact: Adoption & Permanent Care Program on 5832 1559 or 5832 1713.


Keeping young drivers safe

Does your child have a drivers licence or is about to get one? Are you worried about their driving, or about other drivers with whom they are passengers? If you answer yes to both questions, click on the document below for some advice from Victoria Police: